Painting with Tissue Paper is so much fun - kids and parents will both love this project. It's easy and the results are ALWAYS beautiful. Some of the most beautiful designs I've seen have come from 6 year olds!
What You'll Need:
- Heavy white card stock or paper
- Spritz water bottle
- Non-coated tissue paper (your choice of colors)
- Ink stamps (optional)
- Colored card stock (optional)
- Glue (optional)
What to Do:
To paint with tissue paper, tear the tissue paper pieces into ragged strips or chunks and position them on the card stock or heavy paper in an intersecting design. Basically, arrange the paper in a pattern that pleases you - like you are making a collage.
Next, spritz the tissue paper with water. Watch the magic of the tissue paper colors running onto your card stock. The colors will merge into beautiful combinations, creating something similar to a tie-dye effect. Then, allow your newly created painting to dry completely.
If you want to get really fancy, take your favorite ink stamps and stamp images on top of the tissue paper-dyed card stock. Then mount your artwork to colored pieces of card stock to frame it.
How to Use:
Now you have a wide selection of choices on how to use your new painting.
1. Cut it up to make a card you can send to a friend or family member.
2. Attach to other pre-made blank cards with glue and write important messages inside.
3. Frame it and hang it on your favorite art wall.
4. Cut up into different shapes and make a collage with your beautiful new colors.
5. Use for your favorite scrapbooking project.
There are hundreds of uses for your newly created art. Use your creativity and go wild! It's fun!