Are you having a St. Patty's Day party? Want to make your kiddos feel useful? Have them make this fun and easy St. Patrick's Day paper craft that will keep them busy and make them happy that they are "helping" you!
What you'll need:
- Green construction paper
- 2 Green chenille stems (pipe cleaners)
- Heart shape cookie cutters or similar
Easy to do...
1. Have the kids trace around the heart shapes 4 times while lining up the sides of the hearts together to form a ring of hearts. And then cut out the connected hearts (now your shamrock)as a single piece.
2. Repeat number 1 3 more times so you end up with a total of 4 shamrocks.
3. Make some small snipped cuts between the hearts - but not all the way through - to show the petals of the shamrocks.
4. Cut out 2 strips of green construction paper that are about 1 1/2 inches wide.
5. Tape one end together and try on your child's head. Cut and tape it to fit.
6. Staple one pipe cleaner to the outside of the green paper ring.
7. Staple the other pipe cleaner to the opposite side of the green paper ring. (Note: Use wire cutters and cut the stem in half to make shorter wiggling shamrocks if desired.)
8. Glue 2 shamrocks to the opposite end of each of the pipe cleaners. Let them dry and place on your kids' heads...